Torsion saddles are hand-made in Italy and they are manufactured as orders come. Unless I have your saddle in stock, it will need to be ordered, manufactured and then shipped to Australia.
I only carry a small stock of saddles that are available immediately.
For any other saddles, they need to be ordered.
You can order your saddle by putting a pre-order deposit directly from this website.
However, before you go ahead, please read the information below.
Factors to consider when buying a Torsion treeless saddle
Buying a treeless saddle is a bit different than buying a normal saddle. There are factors that must be taken into consideration at time of purchase.
- The weight of the rider influences the choice of pad - standard or gel
- The morphology of the horse's back affects the choice of saddle and pad - a horse with high withers should be fitted with the DUO. Gel inserts should be used for horses with back problems, regardless of the rider's weight
- The riding discipline affects the choice of saddle and pad - professional endurance riding requires a saddle from the ENDURANCE line and an endurance gel pad
Information to help choose the right saddle
Unless you are familiar with the Torsion system, I highly recommend that you contact me prior to ordering your saddle.
Because I want to sell you a saddle that fits, I need you to provide me with some information regarding yourself and your horse. Although Torsion treeless saddles can fit any horse, we still need to provide you with the right combination of pad and saddle.
I know it might be annoying as you might want to pick a saddle and buy it. However, because of the various possible combinations in saddles and pads, it is so important that Torsion and I offer you the right one.
Our goal is to give you a saddle system that will fit your horse! Some models may require a different pad for horses with high withers, crooked backs or poor topline, whilst a standard pad may be correct for a fuller horse or one with mutton withers. All the questions I may ask are not to annoy you or to be nosey. Torsion and I don't want you to tell us that your brand new saddle doesn't fit your horse. We want to get it right the first time.
To achieve this, we really need your cooperation with the following:
- a profile picture of your horse standing on flat ground. This is so we can assess your horse’s withers, back and spine to guide you towards the best combination of saddle and pad
- your horse’s height and weight
- your weight and your pants size to determine the size of the saddle
- your usual saddle size
- what type of riding you are planning on doing
- if your horse has any back issues
- if you ride long or short as there are long or short leather stirrups and fenders
And of course which saddle you would be interested in, the colours and whether you prefer fenders or leather stirrups.
Torsion and I will then discuss the best possible saddle for your needs.
For delivery information, payments and refunds, please read the Terms and Conditions