Dog Treats Liver Brownies Recipe
Great, natural dog treats you can make yourself!
• 1lb. chicken or beef liver -I prefer the chicken livers, they don’t seem to smell as bad
• ½ lb. PLAIN cornmeal (non rising)
• ½ lb. plain old-fashioned oatmeal
• 1 can salmon or mackerel (with juice)
• 1 Cup chicken broth or water
• 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 egg
• Dash of salt
• ¼ Cup parsley flakes
Place liver, egg, fish, broth, garlic, salt and parsley flakes in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Mix corn and oatmeal’s, and then add liver mixture. Mix well. Once mixed, batter should be like a slightly wet brownie mix. Add more broth or water if necessary. Pour mixture onto well-greased cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 1 ½ to 2 hours. Cut into squares while still warm. Cool, and then freeze what you won’t use in 1 week or less.